Monday, January 01, 2007
2007 are you kidding me???

So, where does the time go? Why does it go faster the older you get? I just can't believe it's 2007. A friend of mine recently said, she just got used to writing 2006 on her checks. Last year on New Year's Eve I went to the hospital to have an emergency c-section at 9:45 PM. Landry was born at 11:46 PM. We didn't do anything quite so exciting this year. It is Landry's first birthday, so we had cake. She will have quite a party all her life. She won't ever be left with "there's nothing to do tonight".



I know I've talked (written) about how my children have such different personalities, but I have to brag about one of my children - after all, that's what blogs are about, bragging and complaining, right?!?! All three older girls got Target gift cards from one of their grandparents. MacKenzie HAD to go to Target right away and buy Landry a birthday present. Now Landry is JUST A LITTLE BIT SPOILED. She had nine presents at home for her birthday, just from us! And it is just one week after Christmas. I don't even think she's seen all her Chsirtmas presents yet. She's just a tad bit overwhelmed. But MacKenzie insisted. I did talk her into buying a small present and spending the rest on herself. Her Aunt Tiffany gave her a Rachel Ray kids cookbook (GREAT gift) that she loves! So we looked for other Rachel Ray cookbooks.
We found one and she wanted to buy it for me. Again, I had to insist that she buy something for herself. (I bought the cookbook for me ~ that helped). So a very proud moment for mom. Now, the other two -- that's a totally different story. They spent their money on the season 2 of Lost. To me, that is just a waste of money. Oh well. Happy New Year 2007 to you all.

posted at 3:29 PM
0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
Sick Christmas of 2006
Hannah Montana ROCKS
What happened to Halloween??
The Big 4 - 0
What Time is it Black Cat?
I love Baseball
High School Football
My One-Second of Fame
140 Years is a LONG Time
Sisters are a funny thing...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site