Thursday, October 26, 2006
The Big 4 - 0
So, my best friend is 40 today and as that means a lot for her, it means one thing for me, it means I will be 40 in 30 days. We always thought it was neat our birthdays are exactly one month apart - the only thing that's neat about it now is that she will be 40 before me! I have another wonderful friend (I know - I'm SO blessed!) who also recently turned 40 (last week). Not that her turning 40 depressed me, but her gorgeous photos (of herself) and her gorgeous boyfriend on his to-die-for Harley and her telling me she bought herself a Corvette for her 40th birthday -- just about did me in.
I wouldn't trade my children or my husband (most of the time) for anything but let's just say I had a tad bit of green blood running through my veins for a day (maybe two). I want to be thin and have energy again. Maybe getting rid of this stupid cold and getting four hours of uninterrupted sleep would help - you think? FOUR hours - I didn't even write EIGHT.

So for the past three days I've been looking for the perfect 40th birthday gift to send my far away best friend. We have been friends for ... 30 years. OH MY GOSH, now I feel old. Well, we can't exactly say 30 because she hated me in 6th grade. Then we ended up being best friends before high school ended. We have some amazing and some not-so amazing stories that we share. It's unbelievable to me that we're turning 40. WOW, where does the time go? So in my frenzy to find the perfect gift, I began to wonder what I would want for my birthday - if mine was before hers. I thought... I would want to sit down with a bottle of wine and my best friend and have a girls night out (in). When I told Bob this story he looked at me wide-eyed with mouth open assuming the next sentence out of mouth was going to be, "So I bought a plane ticket and I'm going to Alabama for the weekend - you have the kids". It was pretty darn funny. No, instead of causing my husband heart failure, we took a picture of me with a glass of wine, and I sent Aimee' a gift, wine, my picture and a note to call me. It will have to do for now.

So happy BIG 4-0 (just the sound of that is so tacky) to my bff. I have 30 more days before the ax comes down on me :)

posted at 4:42 PM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:24 PM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

No! You can't be almost 40! No way. Time goes by so fast. I love you!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Aimee' said...

Well I finally got back to your blog and read your "Big 4-0". I am that 40 BFF to anyone else who may read this, but Kitty to you I have to say that your gift was perfect! Your friendship has meant the world to me for as long as I can remember! Of course I do have some short term memory loss due to old age. And just so you know, I didn't hate you in 6th grade....I was in awe of you and just wanted to be you! Even now I look at you and think "Wow, she's amazing." Heck,I'm still in awe of you! Thank you for the privilage of being your friend. Here's to the next 30 years!
Cheers,
Aimee'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
What Time is it Black Cat?
I love Baseball
High School Football
My One-Second of Fame
140 Years is a LONG Time
Sisters are a funny thing...
Can you Believe it's Been FIVE Years??
Remodeling is NOT a family-affair
Baby Teeth
Whew! What a weekend...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site