Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Whew! What a weekend...
Katy's sweet sixteen birthday party has come and (thankfully) gone. We had about 55 kiddos from 5pm to 10 pm. It was fun, but A LOT of work. I am thankful for Aunt Trish & Uncle Jason for their generosity in letting us take over their backyard. Landry stayed at Chris' house and I missed having her there! It was wonderful to have been able to give Katy & her friends the attention a mom should - but it was difficult being SO busy and missing Landry.



Sydney & MacKenzie got to participate, although I think they were bored most of the time. They wouldn't have missed it - but they weren't really *in the action*.

So now we're back to our *trying to get in the school groove* mind-set. Monday was difficult. I think Katy & I had after-the-party fatigue - even though we had Sunday, it didn't help in recuperating. And Sydney, is having a hard time adjusting to the rules of home for middle school. Anybody else been through this?? I know I made it through once - obviously Katy made it to her 16th birthday so I didn't strangle her in the times I thought I might :) But my goodness, Sydney is her own special little person. She thinks it's her way or the high-way. I've been trying to explain that works for MOM not for her!


*One day at a time*. Now I'm on to getting in the groove of this PTA position that snuck up on me. I was *nominated* (Is that the word for a bunch of ladies sitting around and saying "OH I know who we can get to do this") for homeroom representative coordinator. Man, that will look good on my mom resume. So far I think I've got that position, box-top committee chairperson and drill team mom - that inself is too much. All three girls are going to different schools, plus Landry is 8 months old. Do you think that's too much when your husband works 60 hours a week? Not to mention the 40 I work. Thank the Lord I am blessed to be able to work 16 of those from home - although sometimes that is MORE difficult. I can still hope and pray everyday that UPS will find a way to make Bob's life easier. Yes, they are paid well, but are they really? Not for the amount of work they do.

So we're looking forward to starting another season of softball (Sydney) and football season starts in two weeks - although the drill team (Katy) has had practice beginning at 7AM for 6 weeks now. MacKenzie has decided she's the volleyball player and she's really good at it! The VB Fall season starts in October. Bob's decided out of all of this he doesn't have a soccer player - so I'm really hoping Landry likes soccer :)

I'm also really hoping to sign up for a bible study this Fall at church. Looks like mom needs some time for herself (WHAT?!?!) But Landry doesn't cooperate too well with the nursery yet - she's just a tad spoiled. And you know as soon as I sign up, it will be on a night that we have softball or something. Oh well, God will let me know when the time is right. Once again *One day at a time*.


posted at 12:27 PM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 8:20 PM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

So... you made me tired just READING your blog. Yes! You need time for yourself. Maybe you and Landry could take a trip to France? But, we would miss the rest of the family...

I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site