Thursday, August 24, 2006
Baby Teeth
I had forgotten how tired a mom gets when she stays up all night with a teething baby. Bless her heart, she wasn't miserable or anything (Landry- not mom) - thank goodness. She just couldn't sleep. Almost like she had insomnia or something. I think I could take a nap right now. Our girls got their first teeth before they were six months old. Landry is almost eight months old and the first one appeared Tuesday. I am certain the next one will be there tonight and then maybe another two before the weekend is over. When you have nine years between babies you tend to forget things like baby teeth. It is funny how you forget the little *unbearable* points when they are babies - only to remember the wonderful moments of parenthood. Although, you tend to forget some of the wonderful moments as well, when you have a house full of older children.

Landry started waving bye-bye a few days ago (I KNOW - teeth AND bye-bye all in one week! How much can one mom handle?!) She does the "backward hand - almost when you quit trying" bye-bye wave. My girls work SO hard to get this little baby to wave bye-bye. And then it's as if she's a circus animal, "Look! Look! Look what Landry can do!!" All those little-bitty firsts that you tend to forget as they grow, talk back and ask for stuff all the time :)

Gosh, she just started really sitting-up (not spitting-up... sitting-up) a couple of weeks ago. Now we're on to almost-for-the-most-part crawling, a bye-bye wave and her first tooth. I don't think she's too into crawling. She's started pulling up on EVERYTHING. The dishwasher, the couch, the kitchen chairs, her toy baskets, her crib. Bob lowered her crib mattress last weekend and God love him - he lowered it to the lowest level. From the highest to the lowest. Not that there are two levels in between to save my aching-back. Why? So he doesn't have to do it again of course. He was pre-thinking. Saving time - for later. I wasn't too happy and wanted it raised. But then two days later Landry starts standing up in her crib EVERYTIME I go to get her. So once again, he's right. (Happens to me a lot) So it looks like eight months is the turning point of not-quite-a-baby anymore and I miss it already!! Even though we had not planned on having another baby (no-kidding? Nine years in between the last) I always had thought about it. So KNOWING the next little-bitty baby in the house will be many years down the road brings a little tear to my eye. Almost like those last moments of being pregnant did in December. I loved being pregnant. Even the swelling and the nausea and the unbearable figure. Knowing that God is creating a miracle inside you is a wonderful, unbelievable feeling.
Wow. So even though I am incredibly tired today, I am still a little sad my baby is growing up so quickly. Having this miracle in our lives has taught me to cherish each and every moment and it has given me the opportunity to reflect and treasure the moments with my older girls - about my older girls. Those"when-you-were-little" conversations that we otherwise would not have. Life is so, so busy. It is so awesome that God has given me this miracle to remind me to slow down, watch and enjoy it.

posted at 12:56 PM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 7:57 PM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

Wow! Baby teeth, sitting up, standing up, pulling up, bye-bye... That is wonderful. Praise God that He blessed you and all of us with Landry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
Whew! What a weekend...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site