Wednesday, October 11, 2006
My One-Second of Fame
Have you had your one-second of fame? I had not... until today. Yesterday I ran an errand to Grapevine Mills Mall to get my babysitter a gift card, for YESTERDAY was her birthday. That was a God-thing in itself, because I had this "feeling" her birthday was in October. I didn't actually know when it was. All last week I had meant to ask her but with mornings as crazy as they are, that never happened. Then Monday night, the "feeling" got stronger and I dug through some papers, which I knew listed her birth date. Wal-ah - at 9:00 PM on Monday night, I had confirmation that Tuesday was her birthday! Of course she would be at my house by 7:45 AM, so there wasn't a lot of time to prepare. At least it wasn't the day-after her birthday, I had a ton of time to prepare! I have a box of cards (yea me!!) so I had the girls sign a card and we decided what type of gift cards I would purchase the next day on my lunch hour. God made lunch hours and fast food for busy working moms to get their errands done.

Which all brings me to my one-second of fame. We actually had RAIN here yesterday. We have been in such a drought that any rain at all is a blessing. Yesterday it stormed for several hours. So knowing I had to run errands I had my umbrella in the car (this is unbelievable in itself).
As I was leaving the Mall a woman takes my photo with this giant camera and says she's from the newspaper and ask for my name. She says she loves my umbrella (smiley faces) and says "Isn't the rain great?!". She says she's been waiting in this location for quiet some time, but everyone is umbrella-less. Great short conversation and I'm on my way. Today my picture is on the FRONT page of the Star Telegram. It's a fun picture because it is at the Rainforest Cafe entrance at the mall.


So that's my one-second of fame. Thanks for sharing. Say a prayer for more rain, more time-appropriate "feelings" (God-things) and thank God for lunch hours and fast food to help us make it through.

posted at 9:27 AM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my girl! Really great picture. Love you =^..^=

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

That is great! I love the picture. I love you!
Tiff

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Aimee' said...

Lordy! Kitty you have the gams of a movie star!
Love Ya,
Aimee'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
140 Years is a LONG Time
Sisters are a funny thing...
Can you Believe it's Been FIVE Years??
Remodeling is NOT a family-affair
Baby Teeth
Whew! What a weekend...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site