Thursday, September 28, 2006
140 Years is a LONG Time


This past weekend was the First United Methodist Church of Grapevine's 140th Year Celebration. The staff and some guests dressed up in 1866 attire and we had horse drawn carriages and a pot luck lunch. There was one service instead of the normal three, in which 1,200 people attended. Grapevine Mayor, William D. Tate spoke as did several prominent church and community members. It was a great day and much history was learned by many. Being the pastor's assistant it was a very busy day for me with a very busy month leading up to such an event. It was wonderful to have my family there to share in the event. Here are some great pictures I want to share...


Me & Whitney dressed in our 1866 dresses!


Katy was beautiful & very helpful in greeting & welcoming!

We had a tremendous time! Afterward, Whitney sent her dress home with the girls & I, so they could play dress up! Here is what they looked like...






Aren't they cutie-pies! Thanks for looking! I suggest dressing up for all exciting events like this! It made our celebration so much more fun!






posted at 8:43 AM
3 comments



3 Comments:
At 6:00 PM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

I love the costumes!! Did you ever find a baby costume? I love yoU!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I just wanted to say I love your blog design. It is so darn cute!

Love the dresses as well.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked beautiful too.


You're such an inspiration. I can't believe how much you've done for me and the girls lately. I mean, I know its gotta be hard, but you're so GRACEFUL. I admire you so much.

Your blog looks adorable. :]
I love you so much.


Love always,
Katy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
Sisters are a funny thing...
Can you Believe it's Been FIVE Years??
Remodeling is NOT a family-affair
Baby Teeth
Whew! What a weekend...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site