Monday, March 12, 2007
Rah, Rah, Rah
So... I have been blessed into the parenthood of another cheerleader. Sydney made 7th grade cheerleader at Cross Timbers last week. I think she was more surprised than anyone else. She had been preparing herself for the worst. 40 girls tried out for 18 positions. There was going to be a lot of tears no matter what. I was glad the tears weren't at my house! (Although I am sorry for the girls that did not make the team). Life will be (forever) changing at our house...

It is hard enough to be eleven years old, but being the younger sister of a seemingly perfect older sister has been difficult for Syd. Making the cheer leading squad will give her some much needed self confidence.

We had a few heart-to-heart, knock-down-drag-out, encounters at our house last week. It seems I am the hardest, meanest, parent in the whooooole entire world. There is such a fine line between knowing how hard to push your kids and letting them give up because something is too difficult. I never want my kids to feel like they can't do something. Bob and I are very blessed to be able to give them the means and encouragement for them to do and be whoever and whatever they want. My sixteen year old hates me. She says the only reason she does anything is because I make her. So as I'm writing this and I'm thinking, I guess that's not such a bad thing. I don't want them to go out for cheerleader if they don't want to... but I don't want them to do nothing either.

However, I think Katy just wants to blame me for her over indulgence in doing too much. SHE wants to audition for drill team officer and I think it's a bad idea. I would never say "Don't do it" but I do think it will over take her life (more than she realizes).

Thanks for listening. If you have any pointers for walking that fine parenting line, I'm certainly open for advice.

Labels: , ,


posted at 10:37 AM
0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
My pretty little princess niece...
Why do tragedies happen to teenagers??
Super Bowl commercials...
LOTS of snow
Vacation... Here we come...
2007 are you kidding me???
Sick Christmas of 2006
Hannah Montana ROCKS
What happened to Halloween??
The Big 4 - 0

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site