Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Super Bowl commercials...
So... I was really excited (as most of us were) that Peyton Manning made it to the Super Bowl. I'm not a big Bears fan, so it wasn't difficult to pick my favorite. I was 90% certain had Colts had what it took -- until the opening kick-off, then I had my doubts. After they recovered from the initial shock of a 92 yard touch-down return, all was well. The game was "ok" as far as games go. Then the commercials came. When are you suppose to go to the bathroom during the Super Bowl ? I decided, it was during the game - not the commercials. I had to see what 2.6 million could do... Turns out, not much. There were some funny ones... I think my favorites were the Bud Light - But he has Bud Light , Doritos, Bud Light - Rock Paper, Scissors and Kevin Federline. Kevin was awesome because he was making fun of himself. There was controversy around his commercial and he even got more publicity than he should have. Crazy man - but smart at the same time. Good angle for Nationwide. ANd the Doritos commercial was submitted in a contest. That is cool. So I thought all the hype was more fun this year than it has been in the past. Maybe that is because my boss is doing a sermon series on the commercials and he himself got some publicity... Ken challenged the congregation to watch the commercials and find how religion or God is in them. Interesting angle for him too. We got some news coverage, which was fun. So this week we're working on remaking a Super Bowl commercial. Stay tuned to find out how it goes...

posted at 1:52 PM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 6:55 AM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

That is fun. We missed the Superbowl, but I am going to try to find the commercials on line (since we have the internet at our home now!!!!).

Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
LOTS of snow
Vacation... Here we come...
2007 are you kidding me???
Sick Christmas of 2006
Hannah Montana ROCKS
What happened to Halloween??
The Big 4 - 0
What Time is it Black Cat?
I love Baseball
High School Football

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site