Thursday, May 15, 2008
Prom... Graduation... Medical updates...
Prom was fantastic. They all had a great time. "Better than I could have ever imagined" was the exact quote. Great! Now we can move on to graduation and make a decision about college!




We got (almost) all the graduation invitations out this week. Glad to have that done. Hope I didn't forget anyone!

MacKenzie has started her medication for her seizures and we're adjusting to a new lifestyle with remembering to take it and watching for symptoms, etc.. We decided to go with Topamax, which is a different medication than both doctors suggested. With all the medications you have to start with a low dosage and work your way up over several weeks. We're in week two, so we double the dosage starting today. We'll see how it effects her. I had thought the medication was making her sick to her stomach, but that may have been a virus of another sort. Regardless, she's feeling better than she had been. What a relief! No effect on her "episodes" yet...

We had a visit to the ER with Sydney a week ago. We thought she had Appendicitis after a couple of days of vomiting and severe pain. Turns out she had a horrible UTI. So I've been to the hospital once a week for the past four weeks. I think I've seen enough of them for a while.

I'm starting to plan a graduation open house for Katy. Starting to plan is an understatment, I've actually been thinking about it for quite some time. Hopefully it will be beautiful outside and I won't have 100 people INSIDE my house.

Katy surprised me with an early Mother's Day gift and gave me Kenny Chesney tickets. I'm not sure how she pulled it off, but it was wonderful! She gave me four, so we took Katy and Sydney. It was awesome.

We're off to UNT tomorrow for a tour. Hope for the best!

Labels: , ,


posted at 10:48 AM
2 comments



2 Comments:
At 8:07 AM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

Wow! That is awesome-- the prom, graduation invitations, concert tickets! The hospital visits aren't so awesome... So sorry.

We miss you all so much!

~ Tiff

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you and keep you sane
Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
Birthdays and such
A New Leaf....
Too long
Vacation Overload
Hurry up and wait
Water,water, everywhere...
Moving right along...
Crazy people
Ready... Set... SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
Stepped on a pop top and broke my flip flop...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site