Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Moving right along...
It's been a really strange weather season in Texas since around April. We have been in a drought for the last two years and God has blessed us with the last two years of rain -- in three months. Normally by this time of the summer, the girls are tired of swimming, it's too hot to go outside and they are already bored. This summer has been a little different. MacKenzie is at camp this week, getting drenched by the looks of it. They will have a great time, none-the-less. When there is rain there are -- MUD FIGHTS! When I dropped her off yesterday she had a small meltdown. It is already difficult for me to leave my kids anywhere - but she had to make it somewhat harder. I cry at everything! Bob has always taken Katy to the airport when she travels somewhere - I just can't bear it. Isn't that the craziest thing? Anyway, I think MacKenzie was tired - we didn't go to bed in a very timely manner on Sunday night :( And then she didn't see her name on any of the bunk beds and when we finally found an open bed she was FAR away from ANYONE she knew. She cried and hid her face in the pillow and wouldn't talk to me. And what happen? SuperMom saved the day - and without even crying or getting upset:) Seems her name was on a bunk bed - next to her friends she had requested, but another little girl had taken it, without knowing. I don't think she or her mom were very happy at having to move, but she did. And MacKenzie was somewhat better, but the damage had been done. I am certain she is getting along fine now, but I still have that little worry in me. I guess that's just a "mom-thing".
And the best news of the weekend LANDRY USED THE BIG GIRL POTTY. Headline news, get the horns out and celebrate! Yes, I know it's a little too soon for all that, but my goodness, she's not even 18 months yet! She went again yesterday, so maybe we are on to something. My loving husband is happy to tell me this is just the first of many ups and downs in the potty-training department. Sometimes, he's just too realistic for me!
Yes, that was good news in itself, but maybe even better news was that I worked on finishing my kitchen back splash and it's 95% done. Here are some pictures...





It has been difficult finishing it, but we're about done. I'm happy with it. Turned out to be a much bigger job than I anticipated. But, what isn't?





posted at 9:43 AM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY 4th!
Thank you for your wonderful bloggspot. I may hardly never see ya'll but I can always feel close here. Thank you.
Love your back splash. You did it yourself? Really impressed.
Love you, Love my girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
Crazy people
Ready... Set... SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
Stepped on a pop top and broke my flip flop...
Some days just aren't bubble days...
SO Blessed...
The 21 Day Challenge
Tweenie birthday parties and SPRING!
Makeover Hell & Europe (?)
Baby babbles
Rah, Rah, Rah

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site