Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Vacation Overload
My list of great vacation happenings...

~ My car made it 700 miles there and 700 miles back
~ I spent many hours in the car with my family and never (severely) lost my temper :)
~ I spent five days with my best friend... laughing
~ The sun was shining for the three days on the beach
~ Landry didn't get stung by a jellyfish
~ We took LOTS of wonderful pictures to remember our vacation









My list of no-so-great vacation happenings...

~ My car didn't act like it was going to make it, sputtering up every incline for 700 miles both ways
~ I spent many hours in the car with my family
~ I spent five days with my best friend ~ so now I miss her terribly!
~ It rained all the 700 miles there and most of the way back
~ Katy, Sydney AND MacKenzie got stung my jellyfish - more than once
~ Sydney accidentally deleted all the vacation pictures in the digital camera before they were downloaded

That all said, it was a great vacation. My wonderful husband drove me absolutely mad procrastinating about getting the car repaired until we got home. After we actually made it home and the repair bill was over $1100, he said "See, now if we would have done that during vacation it would have ruined it for all of us". True enough, but so would sitting on the side of a two lane road (with no shoulder) with four kids in tow in the pouring rain, hundreds of miles from home. Sigh...

Now we're back to REAL life... the teenager begging for a car (all in good time),
issues at both jobs (at least we HAVE jobs), the preteen wanting to go, go, go (which is translated to spend, spend, spend)... I need another vacation and I've been home less than a week :)

Vacation recovery is always a challenge. Thank goodness I am so fortunate to experience it.

posted at 1:07 PM
4 comments



4 Comments:
At 12:17 PM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

I love you, sis. Wow! What a trip!!!

 
At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome. I love the pictures you put on myspace too. You can send as many...as you have left. I love you sooo much.
Mom

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kitty,
Can't believe it took me this long to check out your blog. I am so glad that you brought your beautiful family to see me! I am already looking forward to next year. I love and miss you all.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

Hey! I miss you! How are you??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
Hurry up and wait
Water,water, everywhere...
Moving right along...
Crazy people
Ready... Set... SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
Stepped on a pop top and broke my flip flop...
Some days just aren't bubble days...
SO Blessed...
The 21 Day Challenge
Tweenie birthday parties and SPRING!

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site