Thursday, March 04, 2010
Clean FREAK
Why every time I trade cars with my daughter, do I feel so compelled to clean her car and fill it up with gas?? Some day I think she'll figure out this happens EVERY time we trade cars and trade once a week. Or especially when she's on "e" and has gone mudding or something. I don't even clean my own car as good as I clean hers. Today it wasn't even empty or really dirty. I guess I just wanted to be nice. Maybe I'm secretly thinking that my actions will rub off on her and I'll see some *pay it forward* in her as she gets older.



I'm not sure why I think that will happen, it hasn't happened with my husband yet. When we were dating I use to clean his house (hell, I still clean his house) just to do something nice for him. We were only dating! I clean his truck sometimes, too. OK, maybe my kids are right, maybe I'm just a "clean freak" as Sydney likes to call me. I've read all the self help books that tell me I shouldn't pick up after my children, I shouldn't make their beds (only on Fridays) or their lunch or put their laundry away when they are 19, 14 and 12. Or for that matter, 47.



Truth is, it's much easier to do when they aren't around. Plus, I'd like a little of it to rub off on them. "Not gonna happen".



Oh well, they sure are lucky to have a clean freak for a mom (or not, who knows?)

Labels: ,


posted at 1:20 PM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 4:07 PM, Blogger The Kilcoynes said...

Whether you are a clean freak or not, they are lucky to have you as their mom! (And, I am lucky to have you as my sis!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
May all your days be circus days...
Crazy summer
VBS week
End of School - On To Summer....
St. Patty's Day, Spring Break and stuff
Baby teeth... uugghh!!
Christmas and Vacation...
Settling into Winter
Out with the old, in with the new...
Busy summer, now into FALL...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site