Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Crazy summer
So, no vacation for us this summer, but it's been nice all the same. I can't believe the girls are getting so much older and all the things they participate in. It's such a crazy life. Actually when they all danced - minus Landry of course - it was much crazier with all the dances, practices, competition, hair and make-up perfectly done, blah, blah, blah. Now it's dance for Landry - although we took the summer off - so it's been swimming lessons for Landry, swimming lessons for MacKenzie and Sydney, volleyball, cheer, diving.... Candi takes them to Six Flags - which Landry has decided she LOVES this year. The Texas Parachute is her favorite. Last week we went bowling, saw the movie "UP" did a lot of cooking - Mackenzie is destined to be a great cook.

...And I started walking/running again. It's been years since I consistently worked-out or took care of myself, so I decided with a week off, I was going to get back in the groove. So I went to the gym (Bally's) and guess what? They were closed. Not just closed, as in "we'll be right back" but the huge neon sign was removed from the building kind-of closed. Not a good sign for someone that had to take months to motivate herself to get there. They say 75% is getting in the door, and now the door was LOCKED. So instead of going home and spending the day complaining about the gym being closed, granted we can still drive to Irving, but getting there is 20 miles and I'm just not that motivated - yet. I went to the middle-school track and walked/ran three miles. I did some sit-ups and push ups and spent some "me" time. It was awesome. Then guess what? I continued on that trend for five days of the week. The last few days I got very discouraged because my knees hurt horribly. I'm hoping they are just in complete shock and nothing is really wrong. Lord knows, I don't need any excuses. But today they feel better and I plan on testing them with some walking/running tonight.

So in some ways it wasn't a very productive vacation. But in some ways it was the most productive I've had in a while.

Can you belive it's almost August??

Labels: , , ,


posted at 10:52 AM
1 comments



1 Comments:
At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Mom said...

finally catching up on reading blogs. (yours and Tiffany's)
What a marvelous summer and memories.
Love the pictures. Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me
Name:
Katherine

Location:
Grapevine, Texas

Married to a wonderful, hard-working man, raising FOUR beautiful daughters and trying to provide inspiration and direction for my family and myself.

My complete profile

Links
In the Midst of It
First United Methodist Grapevine

Recent Posts
VBS week
End of School - On To Summer....
St. Patty's Day, Spring Break and stuff
Baby teeth... uugghh!!
Christmas and Vacation...
Settling into Winter
Out with the old, in with the new...
Busy summer, now into FALL...
Graduation and on to summer...
Prom... Graduation... Medical updates...

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
June 2009
July 2009
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010
November 2011
December 2011

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by:



________________
Add this to your site